Ex Wants To Change Custody Agreement

Brette`s answer: Don`t listen to him. You are the main and emotional parent of your child. It`s great that you keep seeing her regularly and resigning yourself to her schedule. Looks like everything`s going to be fine. Many men react this way when they are affected by child welfare. It`s actually very common. It is also common for him to realize at some point that he does not really want custody. It would be very unusual for a judge to change custody in such a radical way, and I do not think you would have much to worry about. Find a lawyer to help you with the trial. Summer Question: My ex and I have been mediators in court and we have agreed on shared custody. He fled the city for assault, and there`s an arrest warrant. I want to change the guard, but I can`t find him to serve him. Can I serve it without notification? It`s been 3 years since he`s been in contact with our child.

He just went down and down and down. How can I switch custody to sole custody without serving it? Brette`s answer: You should receive a lawyer and a file as soon as you get home. You will also have to ask him for a visit as soon as you arrive and document everything he accepts, what he refuses, etc. You have to be aware that a court does not want to make an immediate change, but rather there will be a more gradual deferral to allow children to adapt. Jennifer`s question: My ex and I have 4 children; He has full physical custody of 2 and I have complete physical custody of two. My ex just told me he`s going to leave the state for 18 months and wants me to take all the kids, but refuses to give me custody. Is this a task that I consider a task if I say no? The courts recognize that the living conditions of parents change over time, which is why child custody orders are not set in stone. However, if you wish to apply for a change in custody due to a change in a parent`s circumstances, you must demonstrate that the change is significant and significantly affects the life and well-being of the child. Adriana`s question: During my divorce, I was put under pressure to accept a common education plan in which my ex has 12 days a month on a current 6/8 rotating schedule. My seven-year-old son has a disability and school takes note of depression and personality changes.

I am concerned for his well-being. I would like to avoid another legal battle, because my divorce lasted very controversial, financially complex and three years. Is this a normal type of arrangement? What can I do to change a decision I made under extreme pressure? Brette`s answer: You have to prove that it is in your child`s best interest. This means showing the ideal environment you can offer and highlighting the problems related to the current environment. I would also assume that there was a reason why your ex got custody – you have to talk about it to show that it is no longer relevant or that it is a concern. Question from RenĂ©e: We have been legally separated for over a year. He now sees the children twice a week for about 6 hours when he picks them up from school and waits for me to come home from work. He can see them 1 or 2 Saturdays or Sundays a month. In our separation agreement, we both have legal and physical custody, and we are supposed to spread the 50/50 of the bill, but I pay more than he does. He wants to avoid child care. But the kids live with me and I do EVERYTHING for them. I feel like he`s going to try to take the kids from me by pretending to be a bad parent.

He keeps a report; if I miss a hair appointment for the kids, I`m behind the bills, etc. What can I do to fight him? Brette`s answer: Yes, if your ex does not want to see your child, there is no reason why a court would not grant you sole custody. “Back up Can I change the guard so I can retire with my mother? Taylor`s question: I have had custody of our son since I was 2 years old.